HC Deb 15 June 1999 vol 333 c74W
Mr. Tyler

To ask the hon. Member for Roxburgh and Berwickshire (Mr. Kirkwood), representing the House of Commons Commission, what has been the cost to date of the consultants' study of the proposal to re-open the line of route during the summer adjournment; and whether their contract has been re-negotiated. [86683]

Mr. Kirkwood

[holding answer 14 June 1999]The costs of the study to date have been shared between both Houses. The original contract up to April 1999 was suspended in the light of the decision to defer the summer opening until 2000. A new contract was re-negotiated to cover the period up to October 1999, but this is being reviewed as a result of the House's decision on 26 May that other options should be examined. I have asked the Serjeant at Arms to write to the hon. Member with details.