HC Deb 08 July 1999 vol 334 c595W
Mr. Fabian Hamilton

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if the Government will provide assistance to innocent people who have had lives and property damaged on either side of the Kashmir line of control by Indian forces. [89890]

Clare Short

I have been asked to reply.

As we state in the Conflict Reduction and Humanitarian Assistance Policy Statement, we will provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by armed conflict, wherever this may be (a copy of the Statement is in the Library of the House). We will consider proposals to relieve the humanitarian needs of people on either side of the Line of Control in accordance with our policy statement.

Forward to