§ Mr. Ruffley
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office if he will list the services that KPMG have performed for his Department(a) since 1 May 1997 and (b) in the corresponding period prior to 1 May 1997, indicating the remuneration made in each case. 
§ Mr. Kilfoyle
[holding answer on 22 February 1999]: The information requested for the period before 1 May 1997 could be provided only at disproportionate cost.
Since 1 May 1997, KPMG have provided the following services to the Cabinet Office, its Agencies and COI:
- 1. Seminar on cross-departmental working
- 2. Pilot study on the use of the Government Procurement Card in the central Cabinet Office
- 3. Development of IS strategy for the Government of Barbados
- 4. Secondment to the Better Regulation Unit
- 5. Internal audit needs assessment for TBA
- 6. Assistance with TBA's Year 2000 contingency strategy
- 7. Internal audit service to CCTA.
There is no charge to the Cabinet Office for the services at items 1 and 2 above.
The then Overseas Development Administration reimbursed the Cabinet Office the full cost of item 3.
The total cost since 1 May 1997 of items 3 to 7 is £151,663, including VAT.