HC Deb 01 February 1999 vol 324 c517W
Mrs. Gilroy

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office who is the Chair of the Ministerial Group on Older People; and if he will list the Group's full membership. [67246]

Mr. Kilfoyle

The Prime Minister has asked the Under-Secretary of State for Social Security, my hon. Friend the Member for East Ham (Mr. Timms), to take on the Chair of the Ministerial Group on Older People from Easter. The Minister of State, Department of Health is continuing to chair the Group until then.

Membership of the Group comprises those Ministers who have particular responsibilities for policy areas which affect older people. It includes the Minister for Women, and Ministers from the Department of Health, the Department of Social Security, the Cabinet Office, the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, the Home Office, HM Treasury, the Department of Trade and Industry, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, the Department for Education and Employment, the Lord Chancellor's Department, the Ministry of Defence, the Northern Ireland Office, the Scottish Office and the Welsh Office.