HC Deb 01 February 1999 vol 324 c449W
Ann Clwyd

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence under what circumstances private companies may export goods by air from military airfields. [68197]

Mr. Spellar

A private company wishing to export goods requires prior permission from HM Customs if the aircraft is to fly to a non-EU country from any UK airfield. The same rules apply regardless of whether the airfield is military or civilian.