HC Deb 20 December 1999 vol 341 cc383-4W
Dr. Lynne Jones

To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland what motor mileage allowance rates his Department offers to(a) ministers and (b) civil servants using their own vehicles for official business; and what has been the cost of each in each of the last five years. [98708]

Dr. Reid

The information requested for the Scotland Office is set out in the table. Ministers, when travelling on official business, may use a private car instead of an official car, and claim mileage allowance in the same circumstances and on the same terms as civil servants. Expenditure relating to mileage allowance is shown from 1 December 1997. Prior to this the information could not

We have also advertised appointments to the Central Arbitration Committee, the new members of which are expected to be in place in time for the introduction of the new statutory recognition procedures shortly after Easter.

Back to
Forward to