HC Deb 13 December 1999 vol 341 c74W
Mr. Hilary Benn

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer in the case of a single person starting work on 1 January earning(a) (i) 50 per cent. and (ii) 75 per cent. of average earnings, (b) average earnings, (c) 150 per cent., (d) 200 per cent., (e) 300 per cent. and (f) 400 per cent. of average earnings, how much income tax that person would pay over a working lifetime of 40 years based on current rates of income tax and assuming an annual increase in average earnings of 2 per cent. per annum.[101949]

Dawn Primarolo

A reliable estimate could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

Forward to