HC Deb 13 December 1999 vol 341 c52W
Mr. Wyatt

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many professional care workers, care assistants and registered nurses there are in England caring for the elderly outside the NHS.[101897]

Mr. Denham

The information requested is not available centrally. For directly employed local authority care workers, I refer my hon. Friend to my reply of 24 November 1999,Official Report, column 144W. Information is not available on staff working in the independent and voluntary sector or on nursing staff employed by local authorities.

Forward to