HC Deb 12 November 1998 vol 319 c320W
Mr. Colvin

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what measures he is proposing to improve access to the countryside. [58813]

Mr. Morley

The Ministry is currently reviewing the provisions in the Countryside Stewardship Scheme, ESA Scheme and the Countryside Access Scheme, under which land managers may receive payments for providing access to enclosed farmland. This review will be informed by the outcome of consultations on access to the open countryside, currently being conducted by my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions.