§ Mr. Borrow
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he intends to undertake a review of the Defence Bills Agency. 
§ Mr. Spellar
The Defence Bills Agency, DBA, which was launched in 1995, is responsible for:
- (a) paying and accounting for bills submitted by MOD's suppliers and contractors;
- (b) raising invoices and pursuing moneys receivable for goods and services sold by MOD;
- (c) maintaining accounting records for the MOD central ledger;
- (d) providing accounting and management information on all these activities to MOD managers.
In accordance with the DBA's framework document, a periodic review of the Agency is underway. The performance of the DBA since its launch will be evaluated and a review of the options for the best management of its functions will be undertaken. Comments and contributions from those with an interest in DBA and its work will be welcomed. They should be sent by 31 May 1998 to:
- DBA Review Team
- Room 60
- Northumberland Avenue
- London WC2N 5BP
- Telephone: 0171 218 6915.