§ Mrs. Beckett
Information of these types of contracts is not held centrally, and could be provided only at disproportionate cost.
The above information does not include contracts let by the Department's Executive Agencies, and I have asked the Chief Executive to reply separately to this question.
Letter from Michael Osborne to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:I have been asked to reply on behalf of The Insolvency Service Executive Agency to your question regarding information promotional, marketing and opinion survey contracts tabled on 26 February.I can advise you that The Insolvency Service has concluded no such contracts for the period 1997–2002.
Letter from Ian Jones to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:I have been asked by the President of the Board of Trade to reply, in respect of the Employment Tribunals Service (ETS), to your question about expenditure on information contracts.Expenditure on information contracts in the financial year 1997–98 has so far amounted to £51,980.00.This figure is made up of the following three contracts:B & B Press, to the value of £49,030, for the design and printing of information leaflets for Industrial Tribunal users;Unicorn Press, to the value of £1,605, for customer information leaflets eg, Introduction to the Industrial Tribunals; andTrafford Print, to the value of £1345, for the printing of Citizen Charter Statements for the Industrial Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) and EAT Appeal leaflets.I hope this is helpful.
Letter from Jim Norton to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:
CONTRACTS FOR INFORMATION, PROMOTIONAL. MARKETING AND OPINION SURVEYSMargaret Beckett, President of the Board of Trade, has asked me to reply to your Parliamentary Question about contracts let by the Radiocommunications Agency for information, promotional, marketing and opinion surveys.2. The Agency has let two contracts. The first with MORI Ltd for a series of customer satisfaction surveys (01/1 1/94–30/03/98) valued at £151,400, and the second with Meeting Deadlines Ltd for a series of regional seminars and road shows (01/01/97–31/12/99) valued at £164,660.
Letter from John Holden to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:I have been asked to reply to your question to the President of the Board of Trade regarding information, promotional, marketing and opinion survey contracts.711WFor 1997/98, the value of contracts of an information, promotional, marketing or opinion survey nature amounts to £323k to date. Major contributors to this total are:
- Central Office of Information; £107k
- Golley Slater £97k
- Zenith Media £21k
- Martin Hopkins £13k
- Research & Marketing £12kThe remaining £73k is accounted for by small contracts with 27 different organisations.There is no firm forward commitment to such contracts by Companies House for the years 1998/99 et seq.
Letter from Dr. Seton Bennett to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:The President of the Board of Trade has asked me to reply on behalf of the National Weights and Measures Laboratory to your question about information, promotional, marketing and opinion survey contracts.NWML currently has no plans to enter into any contract of this kind in the years in question.
Letter from J. C. Octon to Mr. Eric Forth, dated March 1998:In the absence of the Chief Executive on official business, I am replying for the Patent Office to your Parliamentary Question to the President of the Board of Trade on information, promotional, marketing and opinion survey contracts.The contracts concluded by the Patent Office for the years 1997/98 to 2001/01 are:
- i. a media relations contract with Peter Prowse Associates. This contract comes to an end in March 1998 and has in this financial year cost £65,000;
- ii. a contract with Advance Multimedia Ltd for support of our marketing operations. This contract comes to an end in May 1998 and has in this financial year cost £95,000;
- iii. a contract with Nimtech Ltd for the organisation of workshops and seminars on intellectual property rights. This contract comes to an end in May 1998 and has in this financial year cost £70,000;
- iv. a contract with Mid Wales Litho Ltd for the printing and supply of promotional literature. This contract, which runs until April 2000, has cost £150,000 in this financial year and is expected to cost £175,000 in the years 1998–1999–2000.The media relations contract is currently being retendered. The contracts with Nimtech Ltd and Advance Multimedia Ltd are to be retendered as a single contract later in the year.