HC Deb 19 March 1998 vol 308 cc681-2W
Mr. Baker

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what regulations govern the placing of CCTV cameras on private property such that passage along a public footpath is monitored. [35317]

Mr. Michael

The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 grants a general planning permission for the installation, alteration or replacement of closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras on shops, flats, houses and other buildings, subject to specified limits on size and numbers. Planning applications are required for development proposals above the limits specified in the Order. Listed building consent may also be required for the installation of a CCTV camera on a listed building.

Back to