§ Helen Jones
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list each(a) internal and (b) external review which is currently being undertaken into the Prison Health Service (i) in the regions and (ii) nationally. 
§ Ms Quin
Prison health care is either the main focus or forms a significant dimension of the following current reviewsNational
- Organisation and delivery of prisoners' health care (Joint Prison Service/National Health Service Working Group).
- Nursing policy: role and qualifications of nurses and health care officers in prisons (internal).
- Drug strategy: balance between control and treatment measures (internal).
- Health care screening of prisoners on reception (internal).
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of drug treatment programmes (external consultants).Regional
- Strategic health care review in North West region (internal).
- Review of health care provision—Isle of Sheppey prisons (internal).
- Studies into health care provision at 13 prisons in Durham, East Anglia, Surrey and Yorkshire (external consultants).
- Study into the needs of elderly and disabled prisoners at four prisons in Lancashire (external consultants).