§ Mr. Rapson
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what key targets have been set for the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office Defence Agency for 1998–99. 
§ Mr: Spellar
The key targets set for the UK Hydrographic Office in 1998–99 are as follows:
- 1. To process and promulgate priority safety information within stated timescales from receipt of data.
- 2. To achieve 100 per cent. of the endorsed and funded Defence Programme to cost, quality and timeliness targets as defined in Tasking Authorisation Forms (TAFs).
- 3. To meet short-notice Defence operational requirements within agreed timescales.
- 4. Implement by 30 September 1998 new performance indicators (PIs) of product availability and service levels for response times as perceived from our customers' perspective for improving safe navigation.
- 5. To break even taking one year with another.
- 6. To achieve an average Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) during the plan period of 7.5 per cent.
- 7. To achieve efficiency savings of 13.5 per cent. of controllable costs (based on controllable costs for FY95–96) by 31 March 2001.