HL Deb 23 June 1998 vol 591 c12WA
Lord Alderdice

asked Her Majesty's Government:

On what grounds the decision has been taken to refuse to provide classroom assistance to a statemented pupil at Oakwood Integrated School unless he transfers to a mainstream Catholic school. [HL2209]

Lord Dubs

By law, the special educational provision to be made for pupils with statements of special educational need is determined by Education and Library Boards. I am not aware of any such decision having been made by a board in respect of a pupil at Oakwood Integrated School. Where a parent is dissatisfied with a board's decision, there may be a right of appeal to the Special Educational Needs Tribunal.