§ Mr. Lansley
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will list those compliance cost assessments since 1 May 1997 in which there is a net reduction in compliance costs resulting from a legislative proposal. 
§ Mr. Lansley
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will list the compliance cost assessments published by her Department since 1 May 1997. 
§ Ms Hewitt
[holding answer 28 July 1998]: Details of compliance cost assessments published by the Chancellor's departments are contained in the 6 monthly command paper of compliance costs assessments.
Between 1 May 1997 and 30 June 1998 twelve compliance costs assessments covering the period have been published:
- The Building Societies Act 1997 (Commencement No. 1) Order 1997;
- The Financial Services Act 1986 (Extension of Scope of Act) Order 1997;
- The Gaming Duty Regulations 1997.
- The Industrial and Provident Societies (Credit Unions) (Amendment of Fees) Regulations 1998
- The Friendly Societies (General Charge and Fees) Regulations 1998.
- The Building Societies (General Charge and Fees) Regulations 1998.
- The Industrial and Provident Societies (Amendment of Fees) Regulations 1998.
- The Bank of England Act 1998.
Arising out of the Finance (No. 2) Bill 1998:
- The Modernisation of the Transfer Pricing Legislation
- The Controlled Foreign Companies Legislation and Self Assessments
- A Modern System for Corporation Tax Payments
- The Capital Gains Tax Reform.