§ Ms Glenda Jackson
Taking "road developments" as the building of new roads and "road improvements" as major enhancements to an existing road, the information for local authority projects costing over £2 million and Highways Agency projects costing over £3 million is as follows. Information on lower value projects, privately promoted road projects and maintenance led projects could be obtained only at disproportionate cost. London-wide traffic management programmes are also excluded.Road Developments
- 1. Bexleyheath Southern Relief Road and Pedestrianisation, LB Bexley—the relief road is open to traffic but the pedestrianisation has yet to be completed.
- 2. Hounslow Town Centre Relief Road, LB Hounslow—the relief road is open to traffic but further works are yet to be completed.
- 3. Future A12, Hackney—M11 Link Road, Highways Agency—the new road is expected to be open to traffic in mid 1999.
- 4. Future A13, Wennington—Mar Dyke, Highways Agency—the new road is expected to be open to traffic in late 1998.
- 5. Future A13, West of Heathway—Thames Avenue, Highways Agency—the new road is expected to be open to traffic in mid 1999.
- 1. Bexleyheath Town Centre Traffic Management Scheme, LB Bexley—due for completion mid 2000.
- 2. Woolwich Road Improvement, LB Greenwich—due for completion 1998.
- 3. Uxbridge Town Centre Improvements, LB Hillingdon—due for completion mid 1998.
- 4. Harrow Road/Ladbroke Grove Widening, LBs Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea—due for completion mid 1999.
- 5. A240 North-South Strategy, LB Kingston—due for completion mid 1999.
- 6. A11 Stratford Gyratory Modifications, LB Newham—due for completion early 1998.
- 7. Oxford Street Improvements, LB Westminster—due for completion 2002.
- 8. Wood Green Spouters Corner Improvement, LB Haringey—due for completion 1999.
- 9. A406 North Circular Road, Fore Street Underpass, Highways Agency—due to open to traffic early 1998.