§ The Prime Minister
[holding answer 15 December 1997]: Official gifts received by The Queen from Heads of State in 1997 were:
- Two shell baskets and wall hanging
- Silver salver
- Bronze sculpture of giraffes
- Wooden carving of a seated man
- Set of silver tray, box and bowls
- Silver model of boat
- Carved wooden statue
- Book of antiquarian maps
- A pair of carpets
- Silver tea-set, marble inlay table and a carved wooden elephant
- Two water colours of orchids.
It is not the normal practice to estimate the value of such gifts.
No other member of the Royal Family received gifts for the nation from Heads of State.