§ Mr. Spring
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport how many task forces and review bodies are currently in place in his Department; if he will list them; and when they will be reporting their conclusions. 
§ Mr. Chris Smith
[holding answer 14 December 1998]: My Department has 4 task forces and review bodies. These are listed with their reporting timetables.
1. The Film Policy Action CommitteeThe Committee was set up to take forward the recommendations of the Film Policy Review, which reported in March 1998. The Committee is due to complete its work by April 1999.
2. The Creative Industries TaskforceThe results of the mapping exercise it instigated were published in November 1998. The Task Force are currently in the process of formulating their forward work programme.
3. The Football TaskforceThe Taskforce has reported to my hon. Friend the Minister for Sport on:424W
- a. Eliminating Racism from Football—30 March 1998;
- b. Improving Facilities for Disabled Supporters—29 July 1998.The Taskforce's report on "Players as role models" is expected by the end of the year and the report on the "Commercial aspects of the game" is expected early in the near year.
4. Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of ArtThe Reviewing Committee on the Export of Works of Art produces an annual report, addressed to the Secretary of State which is presented to Parliament. The most recent publication is the forty-fourth report, covering the period 1 July 1997–30 June 1998, which was published by the Stationery Office (Cm 4056) in October 1998. The forty-fifth report (1 July 1998–30 June 1999) will be published in October 1999.