§ Mr. Prosser
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what are the key targets for1998–99 for the Chief Executive of the Duke of York's Royal Military School. 
§ Mr. Doug Henderson
The Chief Executive of The Duke of York's Royal Military School has been set the following Key Targets for 1998–99.
- 1. To achieve 100 per cent. of GCSE passes at grades A* to G.
- 2. To achieve 5 or more GCSE passes at grades A* to C; 1998-–9 target is 78 per cent.
- 3. To achieve 88 per cent. of A level passes at grades A to E.
- 4. To achieve 3 or more A level passes at grades A to E; 1998–99 target is 80 per cent.
- 5. To achieve 34 per cent. of A level passes at Grades A and B.
- 6. To achieve 100 per cent. award rate for GNVQ Advanced and BTEC National Diploma courses.
- 7. To achieve places in higher education for at least 70 per cent. of sixth form leavers.
- 8. To achieve a pupil per capita cost of no more than £13,151.
- 9. To generate income of at least £452,000.
- 10. To achieve at least 260 applications for September 99 intake.