§ Mr. Ron Davies
Cadw has been set the following key targets for 1998–99:
- 1. To complete 90 per cent. of the approved conservation maintenance programme.
- 2. To complete 80 listing resurveys.
- 3. To resolve 75 per cent. of ad hoc listing cases within 17 weeks.
- 4. To complete 120 scheduling actions, of which at least 70 per cent. involve additional protection.
- 5. To resolve 80 per cent. of listed building consent cases within 4 weeks and 90 per cent. of cases in 7 weeks.
- 6. To resolve 75 per cent. of scheduled monument consent cases within 13 weeks and 90 per cent. of cases within 17 weeks.
- 7. To resolve 80 per cent. of historic buildings grant applications in 18 weeks.
- 8. To resolve 80 per cent. of ancient monument grant applications within 6 weeks.
- 9. To pay 90 per cent. of properly presented claims for historic buildings and ancient monuments grants within 5 weeks of receipt.
- 10. To achieve a market share of 63 per cent. of the number of visitors to the top twenty heritage sites in Wales.
- 11. To reduce the direct net cost per visitor at Cadw's sites to an average of 30p.
- 12. To operate within allocated programme and running cost budgets.
- 13. To achieve efficiency gains of at least 2 per cent.
Full details of Cadw's performance against targets for 1998–99 will be published in the Agency's Annual Report.