§ Sir Alastair Goodlad
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development if she will list the material issued by her Department(a) through its own publications and (b) through The Stationery Office and the parliamentary publishing programme in 1997–98. 36W
§ Mr. Foulkes
The following material was issued through the Department for International Development's (DFID) own publications programme in the financial year 1997–98:
[...]White Paper Summary
- Eliminating World Poverty: A Summary—24 pages.
- Versions also available in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Chinese.
- British aid to Ecuador: Working to improve the quality of life for Ecuadorean people—24 pages.
- Development Partners: Britain and Pakistan—14 pages.
- Support for Transition Countries: A new strategy—16 pages.
- Developments: The International Development magazine (issue 1 first quarter 1998)—36 pages.
- UK@earth.People: Poverty and the Environment—64 pages.
- Forests Matter: The DFID approach to forests—5 pages.
- Time for Action: Reducing the dangers of pregnancy in poor societies—18 pages.
- Banking on the Poor: DFID and Microfinance—16 pages.
- Towards 2015 Together: How the UK will use its Presidency of
- the European Union to work for a fairer world—4 pages.
- Water Matters: DFID's role in water for development—5 pages.
- Participatory monitoring and evaluation guidelines: experiences in the field—St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Better water services in developing countries: public-private partnership—the way ahead—13 pages.
- Six monthly newsletters on Water, Energy Efficiency,
- Urbanisation, Transport and Earthworks—8 to 12 pages.
- Gender and school achievement in the Caribbean (serial no. 21)—126 pages.
- Good practice in developing sustainable information systems—74 pages.
- Integrated Coastal Management: South Asia—95 pages.
- The Know How Fund: Annual Report 1996–97—51 pages.
- British Aid Statistics 1996–97—144 pages.
- School based understanding of human rights in four countries: a commonwealth study (serial no. 22)—62 pages.
- Girls and basic education: a cultural enquiry (serial no. 23)—160 pages.
- Investigating bilingual literacy: evidence from Malawi and Zambia (serial no. 24)—99 pages.
- Activity in environmental management in Chile: donor agencies, non-governmental organisations and research organisations—54 pages (English/Spanish).
- A guide to the regional environmental action plan for the
- Antofagasta region of Chile—56 pages English/Spanish).
- Social development policies, results and learning: experiences from European agencies—34 pages.
- Social development policies, results and learning: a multi agency review—71 pages.
- Human Rights 1998—56 pages. Issued through The Stationery Office and published jointly with the Foreign Office.
- Eliminating World Poverty: a challenge for the 21st Century (White Paper on International Development presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for International Development by Command of Her Majesty November 1997 Cm 3789).
- DFID Departmental Report 1998–99: the Government's expenditure plans 1998–99—93 pages.