§ Sir Raymond Powell
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment if he will list the members of the Skills Task Force indicating the criteria governing their appointment.
§ Dr. Howells
I am very grateful that those listed have agreed to be members of the Skills Task Force. They were chosen on the basis of their knowledge and experience724W and ability to bring different perspectives to the issues which will be addressed by the Task Force.
Members of the Skills Task Force:
- Chris Humphries—Task Force Chairman
- Chief Executive, TEC National Council. Director-General elect of the British Chamber of Commerce.
- Gary Allen
- Chairman of IMI Plc, past president of the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, member of the CBI council.
- Adair Turner
- Director for the Confederation of British Industry.
- Denise Hall
- General Manager, Education, for BT.
- Llew Avis
- Personnel Director at Siemens Semiconductor manufacturing plant at Newcastle. Fellow of Institute of Personnel Directors, Chairs the BCC Task Force on Skills.
- John Palmer
- Chair of Steel Training Limited, recently retired as manager director of Firsteel Group of Walsall.
- Peter Rainbird
- Chair of Essex TEC, Deputy Chair, CITB.
- Tony Dubbins
- General Director of Print Workers Union.
- Ken Jackson
- General Secretary AEEU.
- John Edmonds
- General Secretary GMB.
- Eddie MacIntyre
- Principal of Birmingham College of Food, Tourism and Creative Studies.
- Leslie Wagner
- Leeds Metropolitan University. Leads for CVCP on employment issues.
- Iain Roxburgh
- CE of Town Clerk of Coventry City Council.
- Anne Weinstock
- Rathbone CI.
- Julia Tinsley
- Pitman Training Centre, Sheffield.
- Rita Britton Polyannas—Barnsley.
- Sharon Studer
- Vice President and General Manager, 3 COM (Remote Access).
- DeAnne Julius
- Bank of England.
- Ashwin Mistry
- Managing Director, Brett & Randall, Insurance Brokers, Board member, Leicestershire TEC, Careers Service, Ambulance Service and NHS Trust.