HC Deb 26 November 1997 vol 301 c587W
Charlotte Atkins

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what support his Department gives to farmers wanting to change to organic farming practices. [17632]

Mr. Morley

Prospective organic farmers can obtain free technical advice under the Organic Conversion Information Service. Financial help for those converting to organic systems is available under the Organic Aid Scheme. In addition, there is a research and development programme for organic farming and we also fund the United Kingdom Register of Organic Food Standards.

Forward to