§ Mr. Waterson
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what are the key targets for the chief executive of the Army Technical Support Agency for 1997–98. 
§ Mr. Soames
The chief executive of the Army Technical Support Agency has been set the following key targets for 1997–98.506W
- 1. Influence equipment design by attaining a 15 per cent. increase to 80 per cent. in Procurement Executive integrated logistic support project involvement where ATSA's contribution is equal to or greater than one half-year-man effort.
- 2. Achieve a 10 per cent. gross cost saving in advanced order recommended spares purchasing without reducing sustainability or availability of land systems equipment.
- 3. Answer 92 per cent. of ad hoc inquiries within two working days.
- 4. Achieve an average response time of nine working days for demand for technical publications.
- 5. Complete 90 per cent. of operational projects and 75 per cent. of priority A projects before the agreed target date.
- 6. Ensure for at least 70 per cent. of projects that the maintenance specific spares, required to support an equipment throughout its service life, are identified and encoded on to the stores system record by the target date agreed with the equipment manager.
- 7. Satisfy 90 per cent. of customers when undertaking technical projects.
- 8. Improve efficiency by 3.6 per cent. over 1997–98 outturn.
- 9. Respond to 100 per cent. of equipment failure report (or its equivalent) submissions within 14 calendar days of receipt.