HC Deb 10 March 1997 vol 292 cc113-4W
Mr. Key

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what is the cost to Wiltshire county council of a community care place in a residential home run by a(a) the county council and (b) the private sector. [19072]

Mr. Burns

The cost of placements to the local authority will vary according to the charges paid by individuals. Account should also be taken of the residential allowance which is paid by the Department of Social Security to local authority placements in independent sector homes. Wiltshire county council has advised that the current basic fee charged to individuals placed by it in its in-house residential care homes is £268 and to similar placements in the independent sector £214.

Information on a nationally comparable basis is published in the "Key indicators of local authority social services 1996", copies of which are available in the Library.

Forward to