§ Viscount Exmouth
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Which Ministers belonging to the previous government received severance payments in connection with the cessation of their ministerial duties; and how much each former Minister received.
§ Lord McIntosh of Haringey
All former Ministers received a severance payment of one quarter of their annual salary under the terms of the Ministerial and other Pensions and Salaries Act 1991, except for the following, who were not eligible because of the office they previously held, their age or the fact that they were appointed to another paid office within three weeks.
- The Rt Hon John Major MP
- The Rt Hon Lord Mackay of Clashfern
- The Rt Hon Viscount Cranborne
- The Rt Hon Earl Ferrers
- The Rt Hon Lord Strathclyde
- The Viscount Long
- The Rt Hon Baroness Trumpington
- The Rt Hon Sir Patrick Mayhew QC
- The Rt Hon Alastair Goodlad MP
- Andrew Mackay MP
- Bowen Wells MP