HC Deb 25 June 1997 vol 296 cc540-1W
Mr. Burstow

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if European Union citizens who have failed the habitual residence test and are being denied social security benefits will become the responsibility of social service authorities. [4426]

Mr. Boateng

It is for each local authority to determine in any particular case, and taking into account all relevant information, whether a person is in need of community care services and whether such services should be provided.