§ Ms McCafferty
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland when the Northern Ireland Prison Service intends to publish its 1997 corporate and business plan; and what performance targets have been set for 1997–98. 
§ Mr. Ingram
The Northern Ireland Prison Service's 1997 corporate and business plan was published today. For 1997–98 the following key performance targets have been set:
- 1. To ensure 100 per cent. security for prisoners in high and top risk categories. To ensure at least 99.5 per cent. security for prisoners in medium and low risk categories.
- 2. To ensure that the number of significant security breaches during 1997–98 does not exceed 7.3 per 100 prisoners.
- 3. To achieve an average five per cent. improvement in constructive activity hours during 1997–98.
- 4. To conduct a further customer satisfaction survey of visitors in each establishment.
- 5. To offer sentence planning to all prisoners and young offenders who wish to participate in the scheme and to achieve a 50 per cent. uptake from eligible prisoners.
- 6. To ensure that the average cost per prisoner place does not exceed £76,252.
- 7. To achieve an average of five days training per member of staff.