§ Ms McCafferty
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what performance targets have been set for the industrial research and technology unit for the financial year 1997–98. 
§ Mr. Ingram
The following key targets have been set for the agency for 1997–98:
- 1. To maintain new user participation in the near market compete programme at 10 per cent.
- 2. To increase the average industry contribution to the compete and start—pre-competitive—programme by 1 per cent.
- 3. To achieve full cost recovery for scientific services.
- 4. To maintain NAMAS and BSI Accreditations.
- 5. To achieve efficiency savings of 3 per cent.