HC Deb 09 July 1997 vol 297 c467W
Mr. Beith

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what plans he has to improve the facilities in attendance centres. [6921]

Mr. Michael

Attendance centres are operated from accommodation rented from local authorities, usually schools, with the centre making use of the facilities available at the location. The Officer in Charge of the centre can apply to the Home Office for funds to purchase additional equipment to ensure that the centre is able to offer a constructive and challenging regime.

Back to
Forward to