§ Mr. Robert McCartney
To ask the secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will provide a breakdown of the costs incurred in 1996 by the talks process at Castle buildings, specifying the amount which the Irish Government(a) has agreed to pay, (b) has paid and (c) is due to pay. 
§ Mr. Ancram
The information requested is as follows:
- Payments to elected delegates: £270,735.36
- Payments to party support staff: £46,386.62
- Party allowance research grants:
- Independent chairmen and aides: £392,020.49.
Block B, Castle Buildings:-
- (a) Initial set-up costs: £266,000.00
- (b) Operational costs £290, 435.97
Additional NIO Staff Costs: £204,389.50.302W
The Irish Government are bearing an equal share of the running costs of the multi-party negotiations, excluding any in respect of strand 1.
During the period 10 June 1996 to 30 November 1996, under this agreement, the Irish Government have been invoiced for, and has paid a total of £461,615.33 sterling.
The Irish Government's share of costs for the period 1 December 1996 to 31 December 1996, for which they are currently being invoiced, is £118,886.95.