HC Deb 17 December 1997 vol 303 cc197-8W
Ms Kelly

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions what is his estimate of the total capital receipts to be released to the borough of Bolton and over what period; and what proportion will be spent on housing. [20990]

Mr. Raynsford

Under our Capital Receipts Initiative, the borough of Bolton will receive a total of £1.033 million in 1997–98 and £3.305 million in 1998–99. Decisions about levels of funding under the Initiative over the longer term, will be taken in our Comprehensive Spending Review. Information supplied by the borough suggests that in 1998–99 they intend to spend 85 per cent. of these additional resources on housing schemes with the remaining 15 per cent. being used to support housing related regeneration projects.

Forward to