HC Deb 21 March 1996 vol 274 cc321-2W
Mr. Milburn

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what data his Department collate on the size of(a) nursing and (b) residential homes. [21646]

Mr. Bowis

The Department collects information on the number of registered beds in nursing homes registered under section 23 of the Registered Homes Act 1984, the number of registered places and residents in residential homes registered under the Registered Homes Act 1984 and the Registered Homes (Amendment) Act 1991 respectively and the number of places in staffed and unstaffed local authority residential homes.

More detailed information on these collections is contained—under the entries for returns KO36, RAC5, RAC5(S) and RAU1—in the personal social services statistical information directory, copies of which are available in the Library.