HC Deb 27 June 1996 vol 280 c215W
Mr. Matthew Taylor

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will list the proposals and sites currently under consideration for the dispersal of contaminated waste. [33842]

Mr. Clappison

Applications for waste management licences are made to the Environment Agency. The agency is required to maintain a public register of licence applications made to it and of licences which it has granted. Whether a particular site would take contaminated waste would depend on the terms of the licence granted by the agency.