HC Deb 23 July 1996 vol 282 c150W
Mr. Vaz

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what guidance is issued by his Department to local authorities and developers in respect of carriageway traffic flow rates for new roads. [38991]

Mr. Norris

The Department of Transport does not issue specific guidance on traffic flow rates for local authority roads. The Highways Agency's design manual for roads and bridges contains guidance on traffic flows on trunk roads. It is open to local authorities to determine the extent to which this guidance is relevant to their own road schemes.