§ Mr. Martyn Jones
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will list each occasion in the last two months in which his Department has consulted farmers directly about policy development concerning BSE and the beef crisis; and if he will make a statement. 
§ Mr. Jonathan Evans
We have issued consultation documents to the farming unions on the following policy developments in the last two months:
- 3 May 1996: Mature beef assurance scheme.
- 6 June 1996: Proposals for compulsory cattle passports.
- 7 June 1996: Specified bovine material controls in abattoirs.
- 10 June 1996: Mammalian meat and bonemeal (MBM) legislation and MBM feed recall scheme.
- 12 June 1996: The fresh meat (Beef controls) Regulations 1996.
- 3 July 1996: BSE: accelerated slaughter proposals.
Welsh Office Ministers and officials have met farmers and their representatives on numerous occasions to hear their views on these and other issues.94W