§ Mr. Hunter
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what have been the three largest new roads projects within his investment programme for the provision and maintenance of the national road transport system in each year since 1992–93. 
§ Mr. Watts
I have listed the three largest new road projects in terms of cost, started in each year since 1992–93.
- Second Severn crossing1
- Second Severn approach roads
- A46 Leicester western bypass
- M66 Denton—Middleton contract 4
- M65 Blackburn southern bypass
- A50 Blythe Bridge-Queensway phase 1, Stoke on Trent
- A564 Derby southern bypass and Derby spur
- M25 J8–10 widening
- M6 J20–21A bridge renewal
- M66 Denton—Middleton contract 1
- Al(M) Alconbury to Peterborough DBF02 project
- M1–A1 Yorkshire link DBF02 project
- A34 Newbury bypass
- A13 west of Heathway—Thames avenue improvement (LB Barking and Dagenham)
- A30/A35 Exeter to Bere Regis DBFO+ project (including A35 Honiton to Exeter improvement and A35 Tolpuddle to Puddletown bypass)
- 1Privately financed.
- 1Design, build, finance and operate.