HC Deb 05 December 1996 vol 286 c733W
Mr. Gamier

To ask the Secretary of State of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what type of visa is required by Japanese citizens intending to study at British boarding schools between the ages of 11 and 18 years. [7279]

Mr. Kirkhope

I have been asked to reply.

A national of Japan does not need to obtain a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom as a student. However, he may apply for an entry certificate should he wish to do so. The criteria for entry as a student are set out in paragraph 57 of the "Statement of Changes in the Immigration Rules", HC 395, as amended, a copy of which is in the Library.

Back to