§ Sir Peter Tapsell
To ask the Prime Minister if he will list his official engagements for Tuesday 23 April. 
§ Mr. Harry Greenway
To ask the Prime Minister if he will list his official engagements for Tuesday 23 April. 74W
serious and resource-intensive criminal investigative work, I shall expect the service to contain the effect that this will have on the other prosecution action it carries out. I shall also expect the service to operate within its agreed gross running cost provision for 1996–97 of £51,197 million and its programme budget of £3,689 million.
In addition, I have set the service the following quality of service targets for 1996–97:
- to report to creditors on assets and liabilities within eight weeks in at least 90 per cent. of cases and within 12 weeks in 98 per cent. of all cases;
- to hold the initial meeting of creditors within 12 weeks in 90 per cent. of all cases and within four months in 98 per cent. of all cases;
- to submit reports within 10 months in at least 90 per cent. of bankruptcy cases and 80 per cent. of company liquidation cases where there is evidence of criminality;
- to submit disqualification reports within 15 months in at least 80 per cent. cases where there is evidence of unfit conduct by directors;
- to check and action at least 95 per cent. of insolvency services account payment requisitions within five days or by the due date;
- to process 95 per cent. of official receivers' receipt and payment transactions within 24 hours;
- to give notice to insolvency practitioners of interest credited to estates within four weeks.
In addition, I expect the service to action all invoices for payment within 30 days of receipt and the agency chief executive to continue to reply within 10 working days to all letters from Members of Parliament delegated to him for reply.