HC Deb 27 November 1995 vol 267 c453W
Mr. MacShane

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will list the regulatory bodies which oversee the work of firms which sell or offer advice on mortgages which do not include an investment element in them. [2320]

Mrs. Angela Knight

The Bank of England supervises United Kingdom authorised banks; the Building Societies Commission supervises building societies. Credit institutions authorised in other members of the European Economic Area which provide services in the UK are supervised by their home state authorities.