HC Deb 08 November 1995 vol 265 c995W
Mr. Livingstone

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what powers he has to intervene where there is widespread evidence of corruption within a local authority. [40348]

Sir Paul Beresford

Ministers have no powers to intervene. Allegations of corruption involving local authorities are matters for the local authority auditor and, where appropriate, the police and the Crown Prosecution Service.

Forward to