HC Deb 24 May 1995 vol 260 c619W
Mr. Tom Clarke

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will review the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Development) Order 1988, in respect of permission granted to a householder to construct an outbuilding two metres from a neighbouring dwelling without permission, in circumstances where the neighbouring householder is housebound and the erection of the outbuilding will obstruct his view. [24974]

Sir Paul Beresford

My Department keeps the General Development Order under constant review. If I find that the permitted development rights granted by it are being widely abused, I shall consider taking action. I cannot, however, intervene in individual cases.

Forward to