HC Deb 02 May 1995 vol 259 c179W
Mr. Alan Howarth

To ask the Secretary of State for Health which local authorities are using their discretion to allow a spouse to receive part of the occupational pension of a married person in local authority provided residential and nursing home care. [22277]

Mr. Bowis

This information is not collected. We have not received reports of any individual local authorities which are refusing to make sensible use of the discretion they have to help the spouses of occupational pensioners who enter residential accommodation.

Back to