§ Dr. David Clark
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to his answer of 21 April,Official Report, column 306, what types of anti-personnel mines other than Ranger mines his Department possesses; when they were purchased; from whom they were purchased; what was the total cost of the order; when they will need to be replaced; and if he will make a statement. 
§ Mr. Freeman
My Department possesses the following anti-personnel mines, other than Rangers:
- (a) Mine anti-personnel C3 (Elsie)
- (b) Mine anti-personnel M18A1 (Claymore)
- (c) Projector Area Defence L1E1 (PJRAD)
These mines were purchased as follows:
- (a) C3 Elsie between 1965 and 1968 from Canadian Arsenals Ltd.
- (b) MI8A1 Claymore between 1965 and 1968, and in 1989 from the US Department of Defence.
- (c) L1E1 PJRAD in 1986 from Royal Ordnance.
We no longer retain a record of the costs of these procurements, and there are currently no plans for their replacement.