§ Mr. Butler
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will make a statement on forthcoming business in the Council of the European Union.
§ Mr. David Davis
The following meetings are planned:
- May 17:Health
- May 22: ECOFIN
- May 29: FAC
- May 30: FAC
The following subjects are likely to be discussed:
May 17: Health
- No formal agenda is available.
- The following subjects may be discussed.
- —Europe Against Cancer Programme
- —Health Promotion Programme
- —Europe Against Aids Programme
- —Drugs Programme
May 22: ECOFIN
- Provisional agenda:
- — Regulations in the statistical field (consumer price index, revision of systems of national and regional accounts, Community action in the statistical field)
- — Cross-border payments directive
- —Trans-European Networks financing
- The meeting will be followed by a Joint Council with CEE Finance Ministers.
May 29, 30: FAC
- Agenda not yet available
May 29, 30: Agriculture
- —Agrimonetary (possible)
- —Extraordinary set-aside penalties
- —Price fixing
- —Set-aside bio-mass (possible)
- —Banana quotas for new member states
- —Reform of the fruit and vegetable regime (possible)
- —Animal welfare (possible)