HC Deb 27 June 1995 vol 262 cc621-2W
16. Mr. Turner

To ask the Secretary of State for Education what forms of public maintenance support are available to mature students in higher education. [29123]

Mr. Boswell

Mature students, like other students, are generally eligible for a variety of forms of public support. These include mandatory awards and student loans for most full-time first higher education courses, discretionary awards from local authorities, and various postgraduate bursaries.