HC Deb 14 June 1995 vol 261 c556W
Mr. Harry Greenway

To ask the right hon. Member for Selby, as representing the Church Commissioners if the Church Commissioners will publish the reports and accounts of their companies and subsidiaries. [27842]

Mr. Alison

I refer my hon. Friend to the answer that I gave to the hon. Member for Newport, West (Mr. Flynn) on 5 December 1994,Official Report, column 41. The accounts of all the Commissioners' subsidiary undertakings are incorporated in the Commissioners' consolidated accounts, published with the annual report and accounts.

The accounts of the UK subsidiary companies are filed at Companies House, where they are available for inspection by members of the public. The Social Security Select Committee has been supplied with a full set of subsidiaries' accounts for the years 1984–1993. I am arranging for a similar set, together with the 1994 accounts, to be placed in the House of Commons Library. Copies are also available for inspection by prior appointment at the Commissioners' offices.

Forward to