HC Deb 12 June 1995 vol 261 c409W
Mr. Llew Smith

To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will make a statement on the transfer of resources from the Countryside Council for Wales to local authority control. [27651]

Mr. Gwilym Jones

Where the Countryside Council for Wales and local authorities have general powers to act, we wish to move to a situation where a greater proportion of the work is undertaken by the local authorities. Much of this work is of a local nature and it therefore seems more appropriate that is should be undertaken by a local body. My right hon. Friend and I are consulting with local authority associations and wait their responses before deciding on the best way forward.

Forward to