§ Mr. Worthington
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will list the sources of information held by him on Government-sponsored training schemes. 
§ Mr. Ancram
Responsibility for the subject in question has been delegated to the Training and Employment Agency under its chief executive, Mr. J. S. Crozier. I have asked him to arrange for a reply to be given.
Letter from J. S. Crozier to Mr. Tony Worthington, dated 10 July 1995.
The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland has asked me, as chief Executive of the Training and Employment Agency, to reply to your question.
The main sources of information on Government sponsored training schemes are as follows:
- The Training and Employment Agency headquarters and local office network. There are 31 local offices located across Northern Ireland.
- Adult Guidance Centres of which there are 33 provide under contract to the Agency a career assessment and guidance service for adults.
- A Training Organisation network consisting of 161 organisations which includes the Agency's 11 Training
762 Centres. These organisations are contracted to deliver T&EA training programmes.
- A Directory of Training Opportunities (formally known as the Directory of Training Providers) gives a comprehensive guide to training opportunities and providers in Northern Ireland. The Directory is available form the Agency on request.
- The Agency also produces a Directory of Services which gives a brief description of each of the Agency's services including training schemes and is also available on request.
In addition, potential clients can be referred to the Training and Employment Agency by Social Security Offices, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Community based Jobclubs which would be able to give limited information on the training programmes available.
I hope that your find this helpful.